The San Fernando Municipal Code Section allows for the ability to contest an administrative citation, provided the
citation was issued in error. The following instructions must be followed in order to contest.
1st Level – Administrative Hearing
The amount of the citation must be paid in order to contest your citation at this level. You may request an
Administrative Hearing by following the instructions below:
1. Submit a request for an Administrative Hearing within 10 calendar days of the date of the violation
2. Remit payment for the full amount due on the administrative citation. You may pay online at www.pticket.com/sfcity
or submit a check or money order by mail with your request for an Administrative Hearing form,
3. Include your administrative citation or your notice of violation,
4. Include your full name,
5. Include your mailing address (notification of hearing date and time will be mailed to this address
- include suite number, apartment number, zip code, etc.)
6. Mail all information to:
City of San Fernando
C/O Administrative Citation Program
P. O. Box 2081
Tustin, Ca 92781-2081
To request a waiver of the penalty prior to an Administrative Hearing submit a Request for Advance Deposit Hardship form.
2nd Level – Civil Appeal
Tustin Municipal Code Section 1160 allows for the ability to file a civil appeal for an administrative citation if you
are dissatisfied with the results of your Administrative Hearing. You may not request a Civil Appeal unless you
have received a Result of Administrative Hearing and have been found liable. The following instructions must
be followed in order to file a Civil Appeal:
1. You may file a Civil Appeal at the Central Court in the jurisdiction in which the administrative citation was issued. The
Civil Appeal must be filed within 30 calendar days of the mailing of the issuing agency’s final decision,
2. Upon filing a Civil Appeal, you will be required to pay a filing fee of $25 to the court.
If you are found not liable during the Civil Appeal process, any amount paid will be refunded
(including the $25 filing fee).